Monday, March 17, 2008

Pirates and Chocolate Filled Diapers

The shower was a great success...got to see friends I don't see much anymore, had really great food and got lots of good stuff for the babe.

Nicole, our wonderful hostess, put together some fun games for us. I won a raspberry chocolate bar by guessing the closest as to how many M&M's were in the baby bottle. We played "Stinky Pants" - name the crushed up chocolate bar in the diaper. We also identified what was in the baby food jar (this one was multiple choice, the diaper one was not). I think everyone had fun tasting baby food and sniffing diapers...

After the games we did presents. The gifts were great, lots of cute clothes and other useful things. I loved everything, but attention has to be brought to the Pirate onesie with "poop deck" on the back and Pirate Rubber Duckie given to me by my sister-in-law. What baby doesn't want to dress as a Pirate?

One more baby shower to go and I think we will be in pretty good shape for her arrival. I have a small list of things to get in April, but if she came today, I wouldn't have to freak out (but, please don't come today...).

Saturday evening we (immediate fam) went to a St. Patrick's Day dinner put on at my parent's church by the Knights of Columbus. Even though I couldn't enjoy any green beer, it was a good night with good food. Unfortunately, we didn't win the raffle for the bucket o' cheer, that of course went to some underage kid (it was for his "dad" of course).

Overall it was a really great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAH!! Thanks for the awesome write-up. I may quit my day job and throw showers for a living! I'm so glad you had fun.

ARGH!

-Aunt Nicole