Sunday, April 27, 2008

Prob'ly the Last Post Before the Yelling Begins

Cheryl's sleeping lightly while we wait on the doctor. She's pushed twice (the nurse said she did very well), so now the doctor's on her way and we don't think it'll be too long once she gets here. I don't want to say it'll be by any certain time, since all our predictions so far have been way off.

Cheryl's doing amazingly. She's exhausted, but now she's not feeling the contractions so much, except that with every contraction, the baby kicks her in the ribs.

I've seen the baby's head, while Cheryl was pushing the second time! She's got a little brown hair (not as much as we'd first thought). I just saw a patch of her scalp the size of a nickel, so I can't say who she looks like. :-)

A few minutes ago the nurse walked in with a tray of real food for me (it was left over from someone else's room), so I've eaten now and feel better. All I'd had was a sandwich, a piece of toast with peanut butter, and a bowl of cereal. Of course I have no room to talk, since Cheryl's only had popsicles and ice chips since 5pm yesterday.

I'm really glad to see Cheryl be able to doze a bit; it'll help her be stronger when she has to start pushing again.

The nurse is back now, says we're still waiting on the doctor (but the longer we wait now, the easier the pushing will be, so this wait is a good thing). Wish us well...

1 comment:

St. Izzy said...

he he he hoooo
he he he hoooo

Breathe!